Alan will tailor support to best meet client’s needs. He is happy to provide one off pieces of work (e.g. help with a funding application) and longer-term developmental work (e.g. help in reviewing and improving governance arrangements).
He works well with staff, trustees and volunteers and places great emphasis upon collaboration and being responsive to the needs of the organisation. This is vital as the organisation needs to “own the fruits” of any consultancy if it is to be of real benefit.
He is experienced working with groups, one to one, facilitation and producing reports for different audiences (e.g. trustees, staff, regulatory bodies, clients and the press).
- governance and trustee support: help in reviewing and improving processes, developing governing documents, Board development, training for trustees and staff (e.g. roles and responsibilities)
- organisational development: setting up new organisations, health checks, problem solving, facilitation, away days, strategic planning, quality, risk management, staff development
- funding: developing funding strategies, preparing funding bids e.g. for trusts, public bodies, National Lottery, preparing for contracts and procurement
- project management: developing the project, securing funding, managing the project, meeting targets and reporting
- partnership working: working well with other voluntary and community groups, strong relationships with public bodies, understanding the Compact framework
- interim management: crisis management and temporary support
- executive mentoring: offering formal and/or informal support to senior staff.